Add files from Amazon S3
The first time you choose to add files from Amazon S3, you're prompted to link your Amazon S3 account with Prime Video Direct in a one-time setup process. You will create a folder in your Amazon S3 bucket specifically for Prime Video Direct files, then grant permissions for Prime Video Direct to copy the files from the folder. Only Amazon S3 buckets are supported. Files can't be added from Amazon Glacier storage.
Please refer to your Amazon Web Services agreement for storage and transfer costs.
Note: Amazon S3 linking requires administrative privileges in the AWS Management Console.
- To add files from the Video Assets tab, click Amazon S3, and then on the Browse dialog box, click Get started.
- Enter your Amazon S3 bucket name.
- On the Browse dialog box under 2. Create a folder, copy the folder name as shown (for example, AmazonVideo_7fd3ace4-0179-44c0-a65e-c0e65e0107c3).
- In Amazon S3, go to the bucket specified in step 2 and on the Overview tab, click Create folder.
- In the folder name box, enter the folder name from step 3, and then click Save.
- Add files to the new folder.
- Back on the Amazon S3 Browse dialog box in Prime Video Direct, under 3. Move or copy your files to the new folder, click Continue.
- Copy the permission statement shown in the Browse dialog box under 4. Grant copy permissions to the new folder.
- In AWS Management Console, go to the S3 bucket specified in step 2.
- On the Permissions tab, click Bucket Policy.
- Paste the permission statement to the bucket properties, then click Save. Note: Make sure you paste the code starting on line 1 of the editor.
- Back on the Browse dialog box in Prime Video Direct, click Show S3 file list to view and select files.
The next time you click Amazon S3 to upload files, you won't have to repeat the linking process again.
Delete files from your Amazon S3 account
You may delete files from your S3 account at any time. If you have copied a file (such as mezzanine or key art) to a title in Your Videos before deleting it from S3, the file will remain attached to that title.
Disconnect Prime Video Direct from your Amazon S3 account
- Click Add file.
- Click Forget S3 bucket.
Important: If you forget an Amazon S3 bucket, you can’t use the same folder again. To add files from Amazon S3 later, you must re-link your Amazon S3 account and copy files into a new folder.