Publish an episodic title
A episodic title (series) consists of multiple episodes that comprise a seasonfor example, a TV show ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel") or multi-part documentary.
A title can have multiple seasons. For episodic titles available for purchase, you choose if an entire collection (season) or individual videos (episodes) is available for purchase.
Important: When you publish a season and select an availability that allows customers to buy an entire season as a single purchase, you can't add additional episodes later; a new season must be created.
Create an episodic series
- Log in to the Prime Video Direct website, and then click Your Videos.
- Click the Episodic tab.
- Click Add Series.
- Select a Default language.
- In the Title box, enter a name.
- In the Category list, select a category that matches the content you’re publishing.
- In the title list, on the row for the series you want to use, under Action, click Add season.
Enter catalog information
- On the Catalog Listing tab, in the Season number box, enter a number.
- In the Season synopsis box, enter up to a 400-character description of the season.
Note: Some language alphabets contain letters and symbols that count as more than one character. The counter below the text box provides an accurate character count.
- In the Genre box, enter at least one and up to three genres.
- Each title can have multiple official ratings. If your title doesn't have an official rating, you may suggest a rating based on the video content.
- In the Rating system list, select a rating system.
- In the Rating list, select the assigned rating. If you selected Suggested Rating – Title not official rated in the previous step, in the Rating: Please select list, select a suggested audience based on the video content.
- Optionally, in the Original language list, select the release language.
- Optionally, in the Original release year, enter the release year.
- Under Graphic Assets, click Browse to add key art (16:9 and 4:3) and (optionally) a background image. Please provide all graphic assets in the .jpg or .png file formats. You can add files from your computer or a linked Amazon S3 account.
- Click Save.
Specify season availability
- In Your Videos, on the Episodic tab, click the title.
- Click the arrow button to the left of the season.
- Click the season.
- On the Availability tab, select in which territories and how you want make this title available to Amazon customers.
If you select Buy Episodes or Buy Season, you're asked to choose between Preset pricing and Custom pricing (advanced). Preset pricing includes Value, best for older and back catalog videos, and Base, best for balancing cost with wide audience appeal. Amazon reserves the right to change prices.
For episodic titles, the season price is calculated on the number of episodes when a season is published.
Note: For information about royalties, see Royalty Information.
- You can choose individual availability windows for each territory where you are making your title available. Click the three dots to specify availability windows.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish.
When you are ready to submit your title for publishing, click Publish.
Note: The Publish button isn’t available until all required files and options are selected. In addition, you must have Payments and Banking information on-file, including approved Tax Information.