Set Up Account
In addition to contact information, you'll need the following financial information to complete account setup:
- Bank account number
- Bank routing ID (examples include ABA routing number, IBAN, BIC, and SWIFT code)
- Tax ID number
Create your account
- Go to videodirect.amazon.com. If you have an amazon.co.jp account, go to videodirect.amazon.co.jp.
Note: Entering Japanese characters isn't currently supported at videodirect.amazon.com. Please create your account at videodirect.amazon.co.jp.
- Sign in with your Amazon account or create one.
- Read the Amazon Video Direct Digital License Agreement, and then click Agree.
Complete your vendor profile
- Under Your Administrator Profile, in the Name box, enter your first and last name.
- In the Phone number box, enter your phone number including country (for non-U.S. numbers) and area code.
- In the Job position
list, select your role. The job position helps us understand your role and a provides a contact
within your organization if we have
questions about your Amazon Video Direct account.
- Under Company Profile, in the Company box, enter your company’s name. If you're setting up an account as individual, enter your first and last name as the company name.
- Complete the remaining entries in the Company Profile section.
add a second person’s name and email address that can act as a backup
account administrator. This person receives an email invite and is added
to the User & Roles section of Your Account as an administrator with full access to the Amazon Video Direct account.
- Click Save & Continue.
Set up payments for your sales
- Under Add Your Bank
Account, click Add a Bank
- Select the Bank country, and then click Add.
- Follow the steps below
matching where your account is
accounts in other locations, please provide the information requested on
- To add more bank accounts, click
Add Bank Account. Additional bank
accounts can be used to receive royalty
payments in a different currency. Royalty payments are made in the
default currency of the bank’s location.
Continue.Important: You can skip the payment section, but it must be completed before publishing titles.
Submit your tax information
- Under Complete Your Payment Setup: Tax Status, click Complete Tax Information.
- Complete the requested tax information.
You can skip the tax information section, but it must be completed before publishing titles.
You can check the status of your tax information submission by returning to the Tax Information page. Tax statuses are explained in the Tax Information FAQs under "What does my tax status mean?"
To make updates to your tax information, on the Tax Information page, click View/Update Tax Information.